1) Gustave Eiffel is a designer, engineer who designed Eiffel Tower. Eiffel tower got its name from him only.
2) Eiffel tower has elevator int it, hence people on wheelchair could also visit it.
3) Painting process will be done every 7 years with 3 shades of brown and the darkest shade will be at bottom.
4) The work of Eiffel Tower started on Jan 26, 1887 and was completed on Mar 31, 1889.
5) The Eiffel Tower has two restaurants on first and second floor. Its height is measured as 24 m, which is 79 ft.
6) The Eiffel Tower will be six inches taller in summer than winter. This is due to the fact that steel gets contracts when it is cold and expands when it is hot.
7) Previously the pieces were assembled in factory with bolts, and then replaced one by one with heated rivets as it will contract during cooling creating very tight fit.
8) 72 prominent French scientists names are affixed on the sides of Eiffel Tower just under the first platform, with 18 names per side.
9) There are 1665 steps in the Eiffel Tower. As per the statistics, Eiffel Tower is the fifth-tallest construction in France.
10) You can use the steps available till the second platform, and the third platform is accessible only with elevators.